13 February 2020 – Term 1 – Week 3
Tēnā koutou e aku rangatira,
We sincerely hope that all of our whānau have had a great break with friends and family, and we welcome everyone back to another positive year at Allandale School. We’ve had a wonderful start to the new year with lots of happy children re-uniting with their friends and getting to know their teachers. We’ve had a large number of new enrolments to start the school year and were pleased to welcome so many new faces at our pōwhiri last week!
This year, Allandale School will be focused on KAWENA – Responsibility- self-responsibility and collective responsibility. Responsibility is a very important virtue for us all to strengthen and celebrate. We will be concentrating on developing and recognising shared responsibility, personal responsibility, and responsibility for and with others. Responsibility for our learning, responsibility for our environment and communities.
Allandale School is building the kawena we have with our students, our families, and our spaces throughout 2020 and we invite everyone to share this goal! What are our shared responsibilities and the responsibilities we have within our school, family/whānau? What are our responsibilities in Aotearoa New Zealand, and in our within local community? We invite you to share in building responsibility in order for help us to develop and empower staff, students, our families, and our community.
We really appreciate the way you have prepared your children for a successful school year. Our tamariki have arrived in correct school uniform, have their stationery and their hats. Swimming has begun, so please remember to send togs and towels. Please can you make sure all your child / ren’s school uniform, hats, togs are named. Thank you.
There are heaps of sporting opportunities for our children in our district. We would love to be involved in everything that’s going but will need parent support. If you are able to prepare some children for a particular sport we’d love to hear from you so we can give our children every opportunity going. Please contact the school office if you are able to help!
Help required –
We are in need of some parent help with
touch rugby and the cycle challenge. Please see Ms Giordano in Room 6 or
contact her on 027 2908219, thank you.
TERM 1 – SPORTS CALENDAR 2020
Friday 14 February Go by Bike Day
Tuesday 25 February EBOP Touch
Wednesday 26 February Interschool Cycle Challenge
Friday 28 February Fun 4 u Yr – 2
Monday 3 March Allandale Swimming Sports – 8 Year olds up
Tuesday 10 March Inter-School Swimming Sports
Tuesday 24 March EBOP Cricket
Wednesday 18 March EBOP Swimming Sports
Thursday 19 March Gate Pa Top School – Year 6 students only
Sunday 22 March Awakeri Top School – Year 6 students only
Friday 10 April Kiorahi
BIKE MONTH – STAFF TRAINING
All the staff participated in bike awareness and safety
training on Tuesday. We were taught games to play with our children
to strengthen balance and coordination. Mrs Foster won the balance game and Mrs
McAllister won the cat and mouse game. Fun times ahead.
TERMS DATES – 2020
Term 1 Friday 7th February – Thursday 10th April
Term 2 Tuesday April 28 – Friday 3rd July
Term 3 Monday 20th July – Friday 25th September
Term 4 Monday 12th October – Friday 18th December
Easter Weekend Falls during school holidays
Queen’s Birthday Monday 1st June
Labour Day Monday 26th October
Please keep this handy so you can support us in your child’s learning partnership.
- that your child has correct school uniform – our blue and gold is a source of pride, and is compulsory at Allandale School;
- that this uniform includes an unbranded navy blue hat to be worn at school every day in Term 1 and Term 4;
- that, if your child/ren are going to be absent from school for any reason, you please phone 3087645 and report the absence on the answer phone before 9am – alternatively, you can text the school on 021 02501768;
- that your child has breakfast every school morning – remember we do have a breakfast club available;
- that your child has a healthy snack for morning tea (from 10.30 – 10.40 each morning children have ‘brain food’ in their classrooms – if they forget their morning tea, classroom teachers have snacks available supplied by Kids Can Trust);
- that your child has water to drink at school (1/3 fill a drink bottle and put it in the freezer over night for a refreshing drink the next day). We have chilled water available from the central wonderland drinking fountain;
- that the school has correct, up-to-date contact information;
- that your child has a healthy lunch and a bag or lunch box to carry it in (a bread bag or ice cream container is just fine);
- that, if you require the school to medicate your child/children, the appropriate authorising form is completed at the office so that office staff can administer;
- that children are allowed to bike to Allandale School, but they must be on a safe bike, with a helmet and know the road rules;
- that your child has their togs, towel and a bag to put them in each day their class has swimming (each class swims 3 times per week).
and just a reminder that:
- the gate at the front of the school will be chained from 8:15-8:45 each morning and from 2:30-3:00 each afternoon. The gate is closed in order to ensure the safety of our students coming and going from school and will not be opened for anyone during these times;
- Allandale School rules require all students with wheels under themselves (scooters, bikes, skateboards, heelies, rollerskates, etc) during school hours to have a helmet on their head. Students without a helmet will be asked to put their wheels away while they are at school;
- there is a Staff meeting Tuesday after school.
there is a team meeting Wednesday after school. Teachers will not be available at this time.
- there is a Leadership Team meeting Monday after school, involving Mrs Tania Doherty, Ms Katrina Black, Whāea Ashton Thrupp, Ms Wendy Adamson, Mrs Mamta Naik, Whāea Deanna Gulliver, and Mrs Adrianne McAllister. At this time these staff members will not be available to meet. The best idea is to phone the school office and make an appointment.
|Telephone Numbers (07) 3087645 School Email email@example.com Website www.allandale.school.nz Facebook www.facebook.com/Allandale-School-Whakatane-472936389413946|
Mrs Adrianne McAllister
Mrs Tania Doherty
Ms Katrina Black
Senior Team Leader – Whāea Ashton Thrupp
Pōhutakawa 1 – Whāea Ashton Thrupp
Tōtara 2 – Ms Hailey McLean
Rimu 3 – Mrs Kayley Foster
Kāhikatea 4 – Mrs Charlotte Swan
Middle Team Leader – Mrs Mamta Naik
Kōkako 5 – Mr Warwick Patterson
Kārearea 6 – Ms Janene Giordano
Kereru 9 – Whāea Debbie Hughes
Kōtare 10 – Mrs Mamta Naik
Junior Team Leader – Ms Wendy Adamson
Mokamoka 15 – Mrs Stacey Hanright
Titawai 16 – Mrs Mirinda Barkema
Kihikihi 17 – Mrs Sharon Benson
Pūrerehua 18 – Ms Marilyn van de Laar
Pepeke 19 – Ms Wendy Adamson
Reo Rua/Bilingual Team Leader – Whāea Deanna Gulliver
Pūkeko 11 – Whāea Te Rumate Mahutoto
Kauri 12 – Whāea Deanna Gulliver
Kapokapowai 13 – Whāea Maia Connor
Māwhitiwhiti 14 – Whāea Moana Wilson
Literacy Support – Mrs Teresa Stewart
Office Manager – Mrs Josie Soppit
Human Resources Administrator – Mrs Kathy Munn
Pastoral Care Administrator – Mrs Kleesha Camburn
Teacher Aide – Renee Martin
Teacher Aide – Sharon Smith Caretaker
Teacher Aide – Tracey Watson Mr Davis Turanga
Teacher Aide – Teresa Hoefsloot
Teacher Aide – Trent Taitapanui Gardener
Teacher Aide – Rachel Townsend Shona Ferguson
Teacher Aide – Amy Pikethley
Teacher Aide – Vaine Wirangi-Williams Cleaners
Teacher Aide – Vanessa Thomas Mrs Sheila Evans
Kaiāwhina – Hine Savage Ms Jo Whakamoe
Librarian – Karen Searle Mr Davis Turanga